Every home, office and almost every place needs lighting, but with electricity and energy costs rising faster, you need to think about an alternative, innovative, and energy-saving options. One of these innovations is the LED Lights, which are not only efficient and energy-saving, but also have many advantages.
LED stands for Light Emitting Diodes, these lamps are in reality a group or a cluster of single units. Although they normally produce white light, lamps with different wavelengths can also be created. With an exact combination of wavelengths, one can get the desired color.
What sets these LED bulbs apart from other bulbs is the fact that they do not have a filament like conventional incandescent bulbs. The resulting light is actually electromagnetic radiation.
The advantages of LED Lights are:
- They are extremely efficient, energy, and energy-saving in contrast to incandescent bulbs that emit 98% of their energy as heat.
- They have a relatively long lifespan compared to conventional halogen lamps. These lamps last about 50,000 to 100,000 hours.
- These lamps are extremely durable and are not vulnerable because they do not have a filament. At the same time, shocks, cold, and heat have no effect on these lamps.
- These lamps can work in critical environments. These LED lamps have found their application in every sphere of life, whether it’s for traffic lights or for monitors or computers.
These lamps are extremely easy to install and therefore very popular. The use of these LED lights in cars is of particular importance because they help with the indication, navigation, and also provide improved visibility when driving at night. These LED lamps have also found their application in the fast-growing field of photonic textiles. These lamps have certainly made a huge difference in the field of electronics and without these many products would be impossible. These LED bulbs are a great investment and also help save energy.
Read More About LED Lighting
As mentioned earlier, the full form of LED is Light Emitting Diode. LED lamps are available in different sizes from small to large. They offer very high brightness and have the ability to extend the light over a large area. There are several applications which are as follows:
- LED bulbs are energy-efficient and can save the money of a person using it on a large scale. It is the most common reason for adoption by a number of people.
- LEDs have also offered a new light color. People were really tired of using the lamps that were generally yellow in color, now by introducing these lamps people can also use lamps that are white in color.
- These lamps are quite often used as lighting on streets as LED Street Lights, access roads, driveways, gardens, decks, etc. Because these places require a very large amount of light that is both energy efficient and compared to other lamps.
- These are also used by different people as Christmas lights for decorating their Christmas tree and to make it attractive because these bulbs have a very large size. Most of the time, people used the old technologies like a lamp that looks very old-fashioned nowadays.
- You can also use LEDs as party lights, as they are also available in a small size. Because of the small LEDs, a large number of LED lamps can be placed in a smaller package. Which can produce more light, take up a small space, and also consume little energy.
- LED is also available as battery lights. You can also use it as art light because these lamps do not emit harmful rays. The bluish color of LED lamps makes a painting look very different from others and makes it attractive to viewers. Another advantage of using these lamps is that they can work even in very cold weather which several other lamps cannot. It also lasts a very long time, about 60000 hours, which is quite a bit more than other lamps.
These were some of the reasons why people like to use these LEDs. Hope that they will be used in a similar way in the future.